Sainlo Events has been the culinary creative behind Le Petit Chef in London for the past year. Now we’re bringing this successful London-based experience to St Albans. Join us for a fun-filled adventure with the smallest chef in the world.
Join us at Torrington Hall on Thursday 8th November for the soft launch of the Dinner Time Story dining experience in St Albans.
This successful pop-up experience has been running for the last 18 months at locations all over the world including Dubai, London, Belgium, Germany and Sweden. We are so excited to be bringing this top class show to St Albans in partnership with our friends at Torrington Hall and ThirtyNine10.
Join Le Petit Chef as he takes you on a whistle-stop tour in the footsteps of Marco Polo, retracing the steps of this great explorer and picking up the sights, sounds and flavours of the spice trail. Enjoy a six course meal with four matched wines and watch as your journey unfolds quite literally before your eyes.
As this is a soft launch there is no charge for your experience this time but we would welcome donations to our chosen charities on the night. Post-launch, tickets will be charged at £95/person.
Your Supper Menu
The complete menu is a surprise but we ask you to tell us your main course selection in the dietary requirements section of the booking page.
- Honey Glazed duck with stir fried vegetables, egg fried rice and a star anise jus
- Miso Cod with stir fried vegetables, egg fried rice and coconut sauce
- Szechuan tofu with stir fried vegetables, egg fried rice and coconut sauce
This event will be held at:
47 Holywell Hill
– We can accommodate vegetarians and specific dietary needs but please ensure you contact us in advance to let us know if you need any adjustments to the menu. There’s space for you to give us your dietary requirements on the booking form.
– Four of the six courses are accompanied by a matched wine, chosen by Ferenc at ThirtyNine10
– There is an option to book in to stay at Torrington Hall please contact Sophie at Torrington Hall for details.
About Chef Sainlo
Jean-Luc Sainlo is a chef of over 20 years experience he has always been passionate about food deciding at age eleven that a career in the kitchen was the life for him. At age 16 Jean-Luc left Guadaloupe for France where he took the opportunity to further his passion for food and refine his raw talent in the gastronomic capital of Lyon. He took an apprenticeship with Michelin starred, Phillipe Chavent and completed his training before heading to the UK where he has worked in brigades for Gordon Ramsay and Jean-Christophe Novelli as well as heading up his own brigades in prestigious venues across London, including the Arts Club in Dover Street.
Now Jean-Luc delivers this high quality cuisine, cooked with passion, at your private and corporate events as well as hosting his own supper club series each year at various Hertfordshire venues. For the last year Jean-Luc has also been the “big chef” behind Le Petit Chef in London. Find out more about the show.