Sainlo Events Limited
TERMS OF BUSINESS
- “The Client” is the person (or persons) who have received the quotation (where more than one they are joint and severally liable)
- “The Assignment” is the project of works, goods and services set out in the quotation.
- “Sainlo Events” is Sainlo Events Limited (company number 07730254) whose registered office address is 24a Aldermans Hill, London, N13 4PN.
- “The Event” is the event to be supplied by Sainlo Events under the Assignment set out in the quotation.
2. Price and payment
2.1. Price for the Assignment is set out in the quotation (“the Price”) The Price includes the design and creation, planning, cooking and delivery of food, and all ancillary services to complete the Assignment and any relevant VAT. The Price excludes any expenses that will be incurred by Sainlo Events, unless otherwise agreed in writing by the parties.
2.2. A non-refundable deposit (“the Deposit”) of 50% of the Price shall be paid upon entering this agreement. The Deposit is to secure the date for the delivery of the Assignment and the preparation time required to deliver the Assignment. Sainlo Events’ invoice for the Deposit will follow – please refer carefully to Clause 3.
2.3. The Price and the Deposit shall be the Fees of Sainlo Events. The Client shall pay Sainlo Events the balance of the Fees (the Price less the Deposit) at the latest 14 days before the Event and all Fees shall be paid in advance in full.
2.4 A non-refundable deposit (“the Deposit”) of 30% of the Price shall be paid upon entering this agreement. The Deposit is to secure the date for the delivery of the Assignment and the preparation time required to deliver the Assignment. Sainlo Events’ invoice for the Deposit will follow – please refer carefully to Clause 3.
2.5 A second payment of 40% of the Price shall be paid at least 3 months before the Event.
2.6 A final payment of 30% of the Price being the balance of the Price, shall be paid at the latest 14 days before the Event and all Fees shall be paid in advance in full.
3. Cancellation of agreement and the Deposit
3.1. Once the Deposit has been paid, the Assignment can be cancelled by either party in writing or by email to email@example.com subject to the matters set out in this clause.
3.2 If Sainlo Events cancels the Assignment, the Fees paid at the time of cancellation will be repaid to the Client within 14 days of cancellation and no further sum or compensation will paid to the Client by Sainlo Events arising from such cancellation.
3.3 If the Client cancels the Assignment at any time after entering into this contract, the Deposit is forfeited and will not be repayable to the Client in any circumstances.
3.4 Additionally, If the Client cancels this Assignment within 14 days or less of the Event, then the Fees in full (less any monies paid) shall be due to Sainlo Events.
3.5 If the Client cancels this Assignment more than 3 months before the Event then the Deposit shall be forfeited, any work undertaken by Sainlo Events or expenses incurred as at the date of cancellation must be paid by the Client, and those paid shall also be non-refundable. No further sums will be due from the Client to Sainlo Events.
3.6 If the Client cancels the Assignment less than 3 months before the Event but more than 14 days before the Event then the Deposit will be forfeited. Any work undertaken by Sainlo Events and any expenses incurred as at the date of cancellation must be paid by the Client, and those paid shall also be non-refundable. In addition, a cancellation fee will be immediately due, which shall be 70% of the Fees less any sums already paid.
3.7 If the Client cancels the Assignment less than 14 days before the Event then the Deposit will be forfeited. Any expenses incurred as at the date of cancellation must be paid by the Client, and those paid shall also be non-refundable. In addition, a cancellation fee will be immediately due, which shall be 100% of the Fees less any sums already paid.
4. Menus, changes and alterations to the Assignment
4.1 The Client acknowledges that Sainlo Events owns all right, title and interest in and to any menus created in the Assignment and that the Client has no right to use them outside the express terms of this agreement.
4.2 Sainlo Events reserves the right to use images of Sainlo Events’ menus and goods created during the Assignment for marketing, promotional, competition and editorial purposes.
4.3 Slight menu changes are at Sainlo Events’ discretion and are not grounds for a refund. All menus are subject to artistic license and the Client acknowledges this in placing their order.
4.4 If, for any reason, the menus have to be changed more than marginally, then Sainlo Events will agree this in advance with the Client. This will incur additional Fees.
4.5 Ingredients changes will only be accepted up to 14 days prior to the Event, and entirely at the sole discretion of Sainlo Events and subject to availability. This may incur additional Fees.
4.6 Sainlo Events reserve the right to change ingredients if seasonal or other shortages or price fluctuations arise.
4.7 Food tastings can be arranged by prior agreement but will be charged to the Client at £100.00 per session. Sainlo Events may deduct charges for any tasting sessions where the Assignment is to cater for more than 100 people, in their absolute discretion.
4.8 If there are any complaints about the quality or appearance of the goods, they must be expressed at point of collection or delivery and then made in writing to Sainlo Events within 7 days of the Event.
4.9 Date changes to the Event must be submitted in writing and the new date is subject to availability. If the new date cannot be accommodated by Sainlo Events, this will constitute a cancellation and clause 3 will apply
4.10 Quotations are based on minimum numbers. Final numbers for catering purposes must be received in writing from the Client by Sainlo Events at least 14 days before the Event.
4.11 If numbers upon which the quotation is based increase, or decrease, Sainlo Events reserve the right to change their Price and/or increase their quoted Price per head accordingly.
4.12 Food can be provided to the Client’s crew, employees, venue staff or team members at a reduced rate, if agreed in writing at least 14 days before the Event.
5.1 Sainlo Events will not be held responsible for any allergies or reactions caused by our goods. Our goods can be made without certain allergens or ingredients, but our goods are still made in a kitchen using some or all of these allergens or ingredients, and regrettably Sainlo Events cannot therefore guarantee the absence of traces of them.
5.2 It is the Client’s responsibility to inform consumers of any risks.
5.3 It is the Client’s responsibility to inform Sainlo Events in writing of any dietary requirements or allergies/intolerances/preferences at the time of booking or at the latest 14 days before the Event. Sainlo Events cannot accept any liability for allergies or reactions where they have not been advised of such risks.
5.4 Sainlo Events will only accept an Assignment subject to the limitations set out in this clause.
6 Delivery and Damage
6.1 If the Client is to collect the goods for the Assignment, Sainlo Events cannot be held responsible for any damage to the goods that may be caused during transportation, once the goods for the Assignment have been handed over to the Client for transportation.
6.2 Any time or date stated for delivery or removal of Goods required in the Assignment is an estimate only and shall not be of the essence of the contract.
6.3 Delivery and collection will be attempted to the venue or facility holding the Event. However, should the access be restricted, or additional time, personnel or facilities required by Sainlo Events to effect delivery, any additional costs incurred will be payable by the Client.
6.4 The Client is responsible for any loss or damage caused by the Client or their guests, agents or representatives, to any equipment provided by Sainlo Events as part of and/or during the Assignment, and loss or damage shall be charged to the Client at full replacement cost.
7. General Conditions:
- Verbal or email instructions by the Client to proceed will constitute an acceptance in full of these Terms and Conditions.
- Quotations and prices are provided based on costs prevailing at the time of quotation and are conditional on market and availability. Quotations are valid for 28 days
- Reasonable variations to the services and goods provided as part of the Assignment, and the Price, may be made by Sainlo Events limited and/or can be agreed in writing by both parties.
- The Fees will be paid after invoices rendered from time to time. VAT is applicable. Payment terms are 7 days, and payment is not deemed to have been made until the Fees have been paid in full. If payment is not made in full and within time the services may be suspended and payment in advance may be required before the services are re – commenced.
- Sainlo Events reserves the right to require some or all of the Fees to be paid in advance of the commencement of the services where applicable and agreed in writing. If payment is not made in accordance with the above clauses, Sainlo Events reserves the right to charge an administration fee of £50 to late payments together with interest at the rate prescribed by the Late Payment of Commercial Debt (Interest) Act 1998 from the date payment was due until the date payment is made.
- Each party will keep the confidential information of the other party and any third party confidential and secret, and only use it for the purposes of supplying the services, or making proper use of the services. Each party recognises and accepts its obligations with regard to the control and the processing of personal data under the current data protection legislation and regulations. For more information on this, please see our Privacy Notice on our website
- Sainlo Events will use reasonable care and skill in performing the services.
- Sainlo Events’ liability in respect of any loss of good will, loss of business, loss of profits, loss of anticipated savings, loss of use or for any other consequential, special or indirect loss or damage will be NIL.
- In respect of any other direct losses (in Contract or Tort) the total liability of Sainlo Events will not exceed the return of all payments received, and thus the limit of liability shall not exceed the value of the services provided.
- Nothing in these Terms will exclude or limit liability for death or serious injury caused by Sainlo Events’ negligence.
- The services may be terminated if payment of the Fees is not made in accordance with these terms, or if the Client commits a material breach of any of these terms and fails to remedy the breach within 14 days of being notified in writing, or if the Client enters into any form of insolvency arrangement. Upon termination the Client shall immediately pay any outstanding sums to Sainlo Events.
- Sainlo Events shall not be liable for any breach of contract due to force majeure.
- Nothing in these terms are intended to create a partnership or joint venture between Sainlo Events and the Client, and no party has the right to act as agent for the other or to bind the other party in any way.
- These terms and any dispute arising from them shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales.